Dementia Care Services

Here For People with Dementia and their Carers

Phone Number: 020 7483 0212

Help for People with Dementia and their Carers

What help is available?

There is a large amount of help available to people who suffer from dementia and their carers. This help is widely available. The way to start getting this help is by contacting your local council's social services department.

The department will do what is known as a care assessment. They will assess your needs and ask you what help you think you need. From there they will offer you help if they agree that you need it.

For carers, the process is largely the same. Instead of a care assessment, you will receive a carers assessment.

This assessment will be done to see which areas of care you are undertaking and what help you could receive. After the assessment, they will decide whether you need help caring for your loved one or not.

In both cases, if support is needed then a financial assessment will need to take place. This assessment will take in account your income and savings and from there it will determine how much you will have to pay for support, if anything.

After this assessment has gone through you have many more options for help and support. You may be entitled to payments from the government to help and support you caring for yourself or your loved one.

Living with Dementia  

There is a lot of help and support available to carers and people suffering with dementia. To find out more about the support available in your area contact your local social services department to begin the process.

Dementia Care Services provide professional home care throughout London. If you would like more help to live at home with dementia, our home help services may be of benefit to you. Please complete our contact form to find out how we can help you stay in your home for longer.